Thursday, April 14, 2005

What's In A Name?

Thankfully, my Billy Rubin level is falling again and I'm only waking the folks once a night, so things are going well on the homefront!

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately (my calendar is pretty free these days) about what I'm going to call my grandparents. (They think it's up to them, but I'll be the judge of that!) My dad called his grandfather "Pappy" because Popeye was his favorite movie. He called his mother's mom "Ma" because that was easier to say than "Grandma." You wouldn't believe the choices that are out there. Check out the weird names for grandparents I found on the web:

Gigi, Boompa, Nappy, PamPaw, WaWa, Poppy, MopMop, Nini, Papaw, Memaw, Poppa, Nonno, Granpee, Grumppa, Oma, Opa, Moo, Crappa, Nonny, Papps, and my favorite: Granny Fanny!

What did you call your grandparents? Click on the "comments" link below and leave me some suggestions. I need some help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jayme Lynn! I can't wait to meet you. I'm your Aunt Christy's best friend, and I love you and your family very much. Your daddy and I have known each other since we were kids. As for grandparent names...my dad's parents=Granny and Gramps...my mom's parents=Nanny and Papa
I wonder if your grandparents like those names :o)
Looking forward to meeting you!
Love,
Christina

Jayme Lynn said...

Thanks, Christina! I guess I don't have to worry about names for a while yet. Now, all I do is let out a little whimper and they all come running!