Thursday, April 07, 2005

Hallelujah!

Hello, world!

I arrived at 7:06 p.m. tonight, on the 7th of April in L&D Room 7! As you may know, seven is the "perfect number," according to the Bible, so I feel very blessed indeed!

Dad, mom and I are doing just fine, thank you! Grandpa, my two grandmas and my aunt were in the waiting room when I arrived and they're proud as punch! (My uncle had to work, so he couldn't make it.)

Tale of the Tape: 6 lbs. 12 oz - brown hair - brown eyes - 22 INCHES LONG! (they're already calling me a future Katie Feenstra!)

Dad took some pictures of me and I would post them for you to see, but I'm stark NEKKID in them, so I'll wait until I can get some clothes on! Grandpa did get a shot of dad filling out my baby book in the waiting room shortly after I was born and I'll try to post that one.

For those of you wondering where I got my name, "Jayme" is a feminine derivative (I know, that's a big word for a newborn!) of the name, "James," which was my dad's middle name, and my grandpa's, great-grandpa's and great-great-grandpa's first name. "Lynn" is my mom's middle name.

Since I arrived a few weeks ahead of schedule, Mom and I are going to hang out here at the hospital for a few days, so I'll be updating my blog from the nursery (I wish some of these other kids would quiet down so I can get some shut-eye!)

Well, I've had quite a trip, so I'll close now. Be sure to check back later for more news and photos!

I see trees of green, red roses, too. I see them bloom for me and you. And I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!"

Thank you, Lord, for watching over me from the very beginning! (Psalm 139:13)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's Katie Feenstra?!

Jayme Lynn said...

She's my hero! At 6'8", Katie is the tallest basketball player ever at Liberty University (my mom and dad's alma mater). Katie led the Lady Flames to their first Sweet 16 appearance ever in the NCAA tournament this year. For more info, go to: http://www.libertyflames.com/wbball/player.asp?player_id=121

Anonymous said...

Gotta work on you lil girl. At least make a "name" reference that people might know.
Like Mia Hamm?!
Because anyone who knows your mommy, knows that you're going to be a phenomenal soccer player!