Monday, May 16, 2005

Yes, I'm Still Here!

Sorry I haven't written in a while, but I've been a busy girl!

I took mom, the grandmas and great grandmas out to eat on Mother's Day weekend. I was a very well-behaved little lady, if I do say so myself! Even my one-year-old cousin Gracie made a graceful appearance in the restaurant.

Last Friday, mom and dad took me to Lynchburg, and I took Uncle Dan and Aunt Christy out to eat in celebration of their graduation and first anniversary. On Saturday, we spent about five hours at Liberty University watching a bunch of people in black robes and funny hats parade around the floor of the Vines Center. Boy, was it LOUD in there! But, I'm proud of Uncle Dan and Aunt Christy for becoming real college graduates, like my mom and dad!

Yesterday, I got sprinkled (she means "dedicated" - ed.) at church! The minister said some things to my parents and then put his hand in a bowl of water and wet my head! He said it was to encourage my folks to raise me in the church and hope that I'll choose God's ways when I grow up. I know lots of people are already praying that I will.

I'm posting some new photos below, so be sure to check them out. Hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprinkled!
I didn't think thst Nazarenes sprinkled! Yes, they may use water to represent the purity of Christ upon the childs head, but they don't call it sprinkled (like the catholics and whoever else)they call it dedication. A BABY DEDICATION!!!!!

Jayme Lynn said...

Sorry about that! It sure FELT like a sprinkling! Don't forget, I'm only 40 days old and I don't know everything yet (that won't come until I turn 13)!