Sunday, July 23, 2006

Yes, Indeed, I'm Walkin'!

Well, we went to the "Pede" last week and he said I should be walking now, so, guess what? Mommy and Daddy helped me learn how and, now, there's no more crawling for me! Sometimes, I fall down, but they tell me to get back up and I do. I must admit I can get places faster on my feet than on my knees!

Mommy says she's extra-glad I'm walking now because she can dress me up in all kinds of dresses and girly-stuff. It was hard to crawl in all those frilly things!

Oh, sure, I still use furniture and the walls to help me get around when they're available. But, I'm getting better and better at walking without any support at all. The only hard part is, you know how, when you're standing up and drop something and it rolls between your legs and you reach down and try to get it and you almost fall on your head? That's scary!

Grammy likes it because she let me stand next to the dryer the other day and pull clothes out and put them in the basket. She says it hurts her back to bend down that far. The only problem is, I like to put things back in the dryer after I take them out and she says that's not the way it works! She just cut back on her job to four days a week, so I get to see her on Fridays more than I used to!

My favorite foods these days are grilled cheese sandwiches and peanut butter 'n jelly sandwiches. But, I'll eat just about anything I see the big people eat, as long as they cut it up small enough for me. I still don't have enough teeth to chew stuff up much.

I've also learned to let people know when I don't get my way. They call it a "temper tantrum," but I think it's just a toddler's natural form of expression! Mommy says I'm a bit early because I'm not supposed to do things like that until I hit the "terrible twos!"

Talk to you again soon! Send me your address and maybe I'll just walk on over to your house!

Love, Jayme

No comments: