Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

We got an early start on Independence Day by going to Liberty University, my Mommy and Daddy's alma-mater. On Sunday morning, Thomas Road Baptist Church celebrated their 50th Anniversary by opening a brand-new 6,000-seat sanctuary on the university campus! They even have a play area that looks like Noah's Ark and I got to sit in Jonah's Whale (see photo below). It was awesome! I was one of the first customers in their new nursery and had a great time while my parents and grandparents went to the 10:30 a.m. service.

After lunch, I took a nap and then we went over to the football stadium where they had rides and booths and stuff to eat and a patriotic concert! Mommy even got to meet her favorite singer, Guy Penrod of the Gaither Vocal Band and he gave her a hug and we got our picture taken with him! She says her life is now complete, but I think she's just kidding!

They had people playing music on a big stage and I found out I really like country music! I was clapping along and swinging my arms to the music. Daddy got me a rainbow sno-cone and it was great!

Then, after it got dark, they shot off fireworks from the top of Liberty Mountain! It was really pretty to see all the colors and shapes of the fireworks. I saw them last year, but I was only three months old and don't remember much about them.

We came home through Charlottesville and ate lunch at a hardware store! Well, it USED to be a hardware store, anyway.

We had a great weekend and I hope you did, too! Please keep Aunt Christy in your prayers. She has a pain in her side and it just won't go away! She says cousin Abbey is just fine, though, and it doesn't have anything to do with her. Aunt Christy says, after this, giving birth to Abbey will be a breeze!

Happy Birthday, America!



No comments: